On many occasions an entrepreneur or successful business person, who has an idea for a new business or business application, comes to us to find out if it is possible to develop the idea. So one of things we do is meet with individuals or businesses to understand their ideas then write specification documents or technical specifications, which might serve as a blueprint for the development of the project. More often than not, the solution is a custom software application – so they have come to right place. Our software architects are generally up to any challenge. If you can envision it, we can architect it. Then it is up to the entrepreneur to determine whether or not to move forward with the project, but at least he or she now knows that it can be done and that we can do it. Once in awhile, an existing application might be available, in which case we would recommend using it instead of developing something from scratch.
More About Our Software Consulting & CRM Consulting Services
Here are samples of some of our Software Consulting projects:
- For a national salt & chemical company we were sub-contracted to look at their existing software and technology processes and document the entire system as well as offer suggestions as to how it might be improved or upgraded for future development. We were able to identify numerous pain points and write a technology road map that would take advantage of their existing COBOL applications and, at the same time, utilize newer, more modern technologies such as Web Services.
- For Commerce Bank, which before we arrived on the scene, had thirty or more disparate applications comprising their employee Intranet, we were contracted to review the applications, document on a granular code level how they worked and recommend ways to maintain and improve them.
- For Evans Delivery Company, a leading trucking company, which offers logistics and billing services to over 50 satellite terminals and offices nationwide, our initial software project, after having designed their three websites, was software consulting. Evans had an existing stable account management system that did not have a web interface. We were contracted to examine the existing application, which they did not want to replace, and determine the best way to take advantage of new technologies that might provide customers with an enhanced user experience. After offering several possible approaches, we finally decided on building a Web-based front end so they could continue to use their stable enterprise management system.
- For S4i Systems, developers of a dedicated AS/400 document management software for the IBM iSeries 400 platform, after consulting with us on how to improve the usability, look and feel of their very popular application, our team of web designers created new, attractive application screens using Web 2.0 to replace their legacy Web 1.0 screens.
- For SEIU Local 36 Benefits Fund, which represents and manages the insurance benefits for 5,000 building service workers in the Delaware Valley, we were contracted to analyze their data practices to determine if they were HIPAA compliant. We documented their technology and document management environment and made recommendations that would help them better comply with HIPAA regulations.
- For a local teachers union, we were hired as expert witnesses in a highly publicized case involving Internet-related software matters, and we testified in court proceedings.
- For local TV and other media, we have been brought in as experts on matters relating to Internet security and email.